Essential Summer Hot Spot: Morocco!
Ben Pundole is the founder of AHotelLife.com. Think of it as a global insider’s guide on where to stay, edited by a guy who lives, breathes and eats hotels. Who better to talk to about an Essential Summer Hot Spot? We sat down with Ben and his girlfriend Chelsea Leyland, who just happens to be our favorite DJ, to hear about their recent trip to Marrakech, Morocco.
Looking to head to the desert yourself? Ben and Chelsea clue us in on what to pack for a weekend of adventure amidst the souks, riads and sights of Morocco.
What should we pack?
- Flip F**k Sunglasses by House of Holland
- Morning Time Cleanser to clean your face after a day in the dusty souks by Eve Lom
- Headphones by Frends
- You’ll need a good pool read. The Brooklyn Follies by Paul Aster
- The desert sun is scorching. Great suncream for the face by La Roche Posay SPF 50
- Marrakech has a great history of style. A vintage hat will never be out of place here.
Where should we stay?
The Taj Palace sits among beautiful gardens of palm and olive trees while the Beldi Country Club was built to resemble a small Moroccan village.
Where and what should we eat?
Definitely eat a Lamb Tagine at Le Salama in the Medina. Stroke a snake on your way out.
Any sights we have to see?
The Labyrinth of Souks in the Medina where you can buy anything – ANYTHING – from a teapot, spices, kaftans, dates and pillows.